Water soluble and nano Glycosylation can:
- Make compounds more soluble – improving GI absorption and enabling better formulations
- Improve a compound’s ADMET profile – changing tissue distribution, cell uptake etc.
- Improve enzymatic or physical stability
- Reduce toxicity – improving the safety window in pharmaceuticals, enabling higher titres in microbial production etc.
- Change organoleptic properties – making them sweeter, less bitter or changing the flavour profile
- Allow novel molecules to be created – with potentially novel utilities and refreshed IP
- Provide a fully scalable production platform at low cost
The UGT enzymes have all been expressed in Escherichia coli expression systems, purified in a nickel column and are delivered in 4 x 96 well microtiter plates.